greggman

Support more CSS layer style support in SVG exporter

Currently the SVG exporter seems to rasterize any later that isn't using a standard blend mode. But, ... CSS supports blend modes

https://developer.mozilla.org/ja/docs/Web/CSS/mix-blend-mode

I would be great if the SVG exporter could use those modes (optionally if need be).

As it is I have to tell Affinity Designer to not rasterize anything and then I have to manually edit the .SVG file and add the styles in

Below I included an afdesign file with just 2 overlapping circles, the one set to "hue" blend mode. Then there's the current exporter with rasterization  (Set low-res to make ti clear). Turning off all rasterization gets the "rasterize nothing" version but of course it doesn't match the original afdesign file. Manually adding "mix-blend-mode: hue;" in the style in the right place fixes it. Would be great if the exported exported the fixed version.

hue-layer.afdesign

hue-layer-current-exporter-rasterised.svg

hue-layer-rasterize-nothing.svg

hue-layer-rasterize-nothing-manually-fixed.svg

Same with me, this is just awful that developers cannot export any CSS of the style to create an SVG animation, which is so popular these days.