You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Font preview sometimes wrong

In all the 'Affinities' of all versions that I ever remember, the font drowdown is divided into groups, each of which contains all variants of this font. Fine. When hovering the mouse above a variant, the text preview inside the document is always correct. But when hovering the mouse above a font group, sometimes the resulting text preview switches to italics and/or bold, which I think is unwanted...

In the attached video, you can see

• The font group 'Rounded' at 0:06, which shows the correct preview.
  • The font group 'Rounded Condensed' at 0:09 shows the correct preview in the combo, but an italic preview in the document. When expanding the group, all 4 variants are properly shown, and their document previews are also correct.
  • The font group 'Rounded Expanded' at 0:22 shows the correct preview in the combo,  but a bold-italic preview in the document. The variants work properly as stated.
  • At 0:50, the same happens with a bold-italic 'TheSans' and at 0:59 with an italic 'TheSans Black'.

It would be nice if the group previews inside the document matched the ones in the combobox and were displayed without italics or bold (if available).

The overwhelming majority of fonts work properly in this respect - only with a handful of fonts I encounter this problem. It could of course be a problem with the fonts themselves, but since all other programs I tested always show the correct preview (including PagePlus), and the combobox also does, I take it that something's wrong with the Affinities.

In case you cannot find a font that makes this happen, please tell me where to non-publicly sent the font files - I don't want to be killed by neither the font designer nor the foundry for publicly distributing their work...

Andreas Weidner