You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Scaling from transform panel, any corner

I'm a fan of AD and mostly a happy customer, however:

It's really getting in my way that text in a frame doesn't scale correctly when using anything other than the lower right handle. Who decided that the only corner allowed to keep text proportions was lower right? What happens when I need to scale to a guide to the left? Why can't I resize something by punching numbers in - very common for me - and not have my text messed up?

In Illustrator I could at least group the text and get correct behaviour. In AD, workarounds include:

• using new documents and subverting the resize document functionality
  • outlining text (bad practice!)
  • having a pocket calculator around and carefully placing guides for this single operation. Guides that I delete right after.
  • winging it by trying to do it by eye (even when I know the exact percentage)

I've just been spending a day designing slightly different sizes of the same digital flier (for different social media standards). This flier has nine text frames, which I then need to calculate. This issue wastes so much time.