You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

SVG export doesn't display on some applications...

Hi,

Today I noticed SVG export from Affinity Designer (Mac) doesn't show on some apps.

Ok, let's start!

I wanted to created a Pinterest SVG logo for a website. So I came to Pinterest website, download branding files and open a PDF file on AD. I then create a logo using artboard and exported it to SVG for web. I used this file to the website: it display well both on Safari and Firefox.

Later I downloaded an app from AppStore to render and manipulate SVG: Gapplin. It's a free application available on AppStore. I then noticed the SVG file I created earlier, the Pinterest logo did not show on Gapplin. I've tried to change SVG export setting on AD without solving the issue. I then try with other SVG files generated by AD: same issue!

I then noticed these issues also occurred on Quicklook.

So it seems to be a AD problem. Here are some files involved:

logoPinterest.svg

wordmark+badgeRGB.svg