You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Import Photoshop Slices into - AD and AP

Hello everyone!

I have an odd problem with an old Photoshop (CS3) document, that was created long time ago for a website, integrated with much slices.

First thing is, I can not open it with "AD", that I bought, when it came out (I really love this Software!!).

Now, I am testing "AP Beta", that is by the way really nice to use. I can open this old document, everything looks nice, but not the existing slices.

Now my questions:

1. Why isn´t it possible to open the Photoshop document CS3 in "AD" - because of existing slices...?

2. Do I have to recreate all slices in "AP Beta" again or is it possible to also integrate/import already existing slices from this document?

SY

Horgelym

* AD = Affinity Designer

*AP = Affinity Photo Beta

• Staff

Hi horgelym,

If you use the beta of Affinity Designer then you should get the same level of PSD compatibility as the Photo beta :) I'm imagining that Ben (who wrote the PSD import) would want to be able to import slices as soon as he gets chance to.... if you have any documents you'd like us to try to get it working with then feel free to send them to support@seriflabs.com where I can pick them up from and give them to Ben - we'll obviously treat the files as confidential and delete them as soon as the importer is working properly with them :)

Thanks again,

Matt

Thanks for you're quick respond! Nice to read, this. I am indeed using the full version of AD from the the Marketplace. Is there a posibility to upgrade it to Beta or do I have to reinstall it completely? 

Today I got an upgrade for "AP Beta" and realized, that it is now in german language - NICE  :D

So I hope, that I also could get the AD also in german language in future...or in the Beta version...?... :)...

I really like you're Programms - much much more, than this lousy expansive Adobe crap  :rolleyes: ...AP is also so much better than Pixelmator.

I am curious about the Publishing Programm, when it arrives.

SY

horgelym

• Staff

Just take a look at this post - you can install the beta at the same time as the Mac App Store version - they don't conflict at all, but do keep in mind that documents saved from the beta version will not open in the Mac App Store version until we push the update of the App Store version in the next few weeks... :)

Installing the Designer beta also means you'll be able to use the 'Edit in Affinity Photo' functionality from the file menu! :)