You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,  This is my 1st post and I am such a idiot on computers so please reply accordingly!!  I have designs I want to have printed as greeting cards at my local print shop.  They only accept PDF format.  I want to convert the AI files off Aff Designer and save them onto a USB stick to give to the shop.  All the file converters on the net fail to convert as they do not recognise the file format.  I have read various topics on this forum which resulted in me using Export Persona.  I managed to change the file set up to PDF.  I also changed the colour to CMYG (as I had read on a chat that it may help)   Once I have finished the selections etc in export do I just hit the save button?  Will this then convert it or do I need to do something else to make it convert?  I have done this and it still wont be recognised as a PDF file.  What am I doing wrong?  Can anyone give me an exact idiot guide on how to change a file to PDF so I can save it on my computer ready for me to copy onto a USB?  

Thanks

Hels

Affinity files are not AI. AI stands for Adobe Illustrator, a very different thing altogether. Affinity files are .afdesign which won't be recognised by anything.

To "convert" an Affinity Designer file to a PDF you "Export" it.

In the menus, go File > Export and select PDF.

Because you are having it printed, in the Preset: dropdown menu select PDF (for print) as shown below, which should be fine.

Click on Export and that will open the filer and create a PDF for you.

PDF.jpg.68c8f2f6690b4458aca2e1300ac044cd.jpg

As for converting to CMYK that should not make any difference to how well the PDF works, but it might make a difference to how well the colour of your design matches when you get it printed. I would suggest you have a proof made for the first few designs you try.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

• 2 weeks later...