You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Remember brush type when switching personas

First of all very nice job on the mobile app! There's still room for improvement, but it's by far the best iPad app in it's category.

The features that I would like to see in the new version are:

• persistent tool selection - specifically, I do a lot of pixel art work, which means I use the pixel brush. However, every time I need to use the Selection persona, I come back to the brush tool being reset to it's default tool, the paint brush. This is quite annoying as I always have to tap 2 times just to go back to the brush I was using. If Affinity would remember I selected the pixel brush my workflow would be much improved
  • switching personas and having personalized menus on 2-finger tap is cool, however, once I make a selection and go back to the drawing persona to move/resize/draw something I cannot access the Select menu without having to switch back to the Select persona. Most of the times I just need to deselect all, so having to tap 3 times is frustrating. I would like to have an option to deselect without switching personas. Maybe long press on the Select persona button in the toolbar gives me the Select menu without switching, maybe 2-finger tap includes some selection items as well even in the default drawing workspace.
  • the fill color I feel should be the color that you're drawing with, not a different one. This is a standard in all drawing software and it's a logical implementation of real life painting - you use your brush to paint small areas, you dump the whole bucket of paint to fill in a large area. Having 2 active colors is nice, but the ability to switch between them and have a primary one which all tools use makes more sense than arbitrarily assigning different colors to different tools.

Keep up the awesome job!

Thanks!

t