You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can not call Topaz Studio

I was processing some images today and used the HDR functionality on some images. It worked properly but I wanted to do some further adjusting so I tried to call the Topaz Studio plugin. For some reason all of the dropdown links for Topaz Studio were disabled so I could not call it. I made the assumption that there is something about combining an HDR image that prevented me from calling Topaz Studio, so I saved the image as a tiff and reloaded it. After the reload the Topaz Studio links were again enabled, but all attempts to call the plugin failed. It failed "silently" in the sense that there were no error indications, the plugin just did not run.

I then loaded a standard jpg to test the link to the plugins and, again, the plugin links were enabled but all attempts to call the plugin failed in the same silent way. I then loaded the MAS version of AP but when I tried to all the Topaz Studio plugins to the app in the Preferences dialog box it crashed. A second and third attempt to do the same also crashed. Given this I have several questions.

1) Is there some reason that I can not even try to call the Topaz Studio plugins on an image formed from a bracketed sequence?

2) Is there some reason for a plugin call to fail silently?

3) How can I try to reset the MAS version of the app so that I can successfully edit the preferences? I tried Control-launch but that did not work.

I have not filed this as a defect because I assumed there might be some reason that the plugin links were disabled for such an image. If that is wrong I can file the bug report. Also, the Topaz Studio plugin had been working so I do not understand why it is not working now.

If it is important, I am running High Sierra.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.