You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

3 things making me use PS instead of AP

Hi guys,

So for a while now I've been using Affinity Photo (I have both, desktop and iPad, but I'm sticking to desktop here). There is plenty of good, speed and quality is one of the first things we all noticed.

There are however some things which are not perfect in Affinity so I still have to go back to Photoshop. Please treat it as a test ground or feature request.

1. Crop to selection - I have seen some topics already requesting it. We all have a bit different workflow, in mine I use "crop to selection" a lot - for cleaning, composing and aligning images (gamedev). I tried to use Export Persona for it but it just didn't work - and even if it worked, it would just artificially lengthened my workflow. Before some of you advise copying and "New from Clipboard", read point 2.

2. "New from Clipboard" doesn't work as expected because it ignores transparent space. If I want to copy some small image surrounded by transparency (alpha channel being 0) it will crop everything. It doesn't suit precise work when you have to align images preserving alpha channel. Of course the issue can be that "New from Clipboard" work fine, but copying crops selected region to only opaque pictures, which is even worse case.

3. Lines - I remember testing AP during its beta period and someone has already mentioned this then - If we use the same psd on PS and AF we get different results when using lines of the certain width.

So here we are, my first 3 cents, I know it looks small, but in fact, it keeps me from full switch,