You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Forgive me if I am missing something obvious, please, but may I ask if there is a way to perform a power duplicate behind a selection? In the attached file, on layer 4 with the triangles at the bottom for instance, on the right, even though I pressed alt, then dragged the copy and placed it behind the original triangle by pressing "Back One", when I pressed ctrl-J the next copies always appear in front, even as they disappear off into the distance.

I am just playing about with it ( I quite like the shell effect on layer 2 with a star ) to see what it can do. Hope you don't mind me asking. Thanks!

powerduptest.afdesign

Hmm, while I am asking, may I also ask if power duplicate, as well as repeating shapes, changes in size, also applies to effects? For example can I power duplicate an increasing blur as in this file of dancers? It would lead to all sorts of interesting things if effects could be power duplicated too, so they became stronger or lesser with each duplicate.

dances.afdesign