You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am looking for a way to create a template layer, or convert objects to guides in designer. 

Essentially, I need to create some guide marks that I don't want exported or printed. I have been searching and haven't found that feature. I may have just missed it.

thanks.

Hi Coltpini

There is a guide manager under View, Guide manager, this will allow you to put non-printable lines on your page, also if you click view, show rulers (if they are not turned on) then put your mouse over the ruler left click and drag over your page you will get non-printable guides.

Correct, but I am not looking for lines. I have a group that I am using to place items in the correct location. They aren't grid lines, it is a square and two lines in different directions.

In illustrator I can create a template layer and artwork on that layer are not exported. You can also select an object and make it into guide, not just a line, that will be non printing also. That is the functionality that I am looking for.