You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Split view for comparison

Teddy

Hello guys!

An interesting and welcome addition to Affinity Photo would be something like a ‘split view for comparison’. A way to compare and edit versions (or Snapshots) of an image without having to duplicate it and use Separated Mode or toggle between tabs.

An example would be when I apply the ‘Curves’ and ‘Soft Proof’ adjustment layer to an image to prepare it for print. I would like to have one window where I can see the original and another window right next to it, preferably optionally mirrored, with the adjustment layers active to edit and compare it to the original image (or Snapshot or state when I entered this split view mode).

I think the basic elements for this feature are already available in Photo (i.e. Snapshot) and it comes down to the ability to arrange (and mirror or split) your windows/views. The ability to arrange windows (tabs) next to each other without having to enter Separated Mode would be a valuable addition and to a large extent fulfill this feature request.

What do you think?