You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No permission to save/export

Using Beta 1.5 RC4 on MacOS 10.12.2 Beta (16C53a) and a couple of times now I've had it say that I don't have permission to save the file. I tried saving to my desktop, to the folder I wanted, and to Affinity's folder in iCloud Drive. I tried saving and I tried Exporting, and all combinations failed. It's happened twice now, both times with projects where I'd done HDR Merge and tone mapping, but that might be a coincidence.

This is on a Touch Bar MacBook Pro with the 460 GPU.

This really burned me just now. I got enthusiastic on one of my photos and after bringing it in (two NEF files, panorama), I jumped into some detailed masking brush work without having tried to save, and 20+ minutes later when I tried to save it would not. It claims it doesn't have permission to create the file and I tried the folder I'd been using, iCloud, etc, and the actual folder makes no difference. I hit "New Folder" in the Save dialog and it successfully creates a new folder. I can't Save or Export, all the work is lost.

I am using Photo 1.5 RC4 and MacOS 10.12.2 Beta (16C53a) on a 15" Touch bar MacBook Pro with the 460 GPU. I also have the latest Default Folder installed, which might make a difference but isn't causing any problems in other applications.

No one else is seeing this? It's a showstopper issue for me.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.