You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi Again, it's me---Caroline. I just had to create a new account because I could not access my original one---wouldn't let me sign in with my previous user name and p'word, tried to get a new password, but got locked out completely, it said "your account will automatically be unlocked in *** minutes," but it wouldn't--- so had to use a different email address!  So, I don't know what went wrong there, but I'm back in as CH Trippe. Now for my question---

Is there a way to use the color picker to select a color from the background image?  I have tried, but can't seem to make it work. I could do this in my old PSE 8 editor--click the color picker on any part of the image and it would present a screen where I could choose the hue and value---say, for a border.  This may be really simple, but I haven't figure it out yet. Thanks!

Well, I figured this one out for myself, in case anyone else was baffled. Turned out to be easy after all, once I remembered what I needed to do.   With paint mixer brush selected, option/click on color of image and it appears in the picker, and the RGB numeric values are shown as well. For anyone else who may have been baffled.  Why need the numeric values?  In my Blurb books I might want to choose a page background color to "match" a color in an illustration, for greater harmony.