You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Iconic fonts and assets management

Hi, 

i took a look to the devs roadmap, so i know it's full and i'm really waiting for that warp/distort tool ;) .

But maybe one day you'll have the time to think about that : 

As a web designer, i'm using iconic fonts (like fontello sets of fonts), and i also use a font manager (of course). I've seen that i can put characters in the assets panel after copy/paste them from my font manager to my layout on affinity.

So then i can reuse it afterward and that's pretty cool ! (as i can skip the copy/paste process), and i'm sure you know those fonts come with a stylesheet which name every characters... 

And your assets panel have a wonderful feature : search-box.

So the idea is to be able ton import an iconic font (the all 2000+ in one clic gaahhh...) , with it's stylesheet (naming characters) et be able to use and search directly in affinity...

Aannnd maybe, the coolest thing of all would be to be able to export the finished layout with it's iconic font (using only the few characters used in the design) with it's stylesheet up to date.

Hope i'm clear enough !

Thx again , you rock guys i love your work as an old Firework user (finally switching) !

Cheers !

Bento

Art Director at Tribu And Co | French web agency - See our work at http://www.tribu-and-co.fr