You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How can I quickly create many social media images in different formats ?

I'm facing the issue that I need to quickly turn around many social media ad's in various formats, story format, square format and a horizontal format.

I'm looking for tips and tricks how to make this efficient and less labour intensive.

At the moment, I have about 50 photos, each in a seperate layer, with a logo brand on the top layer.

I'm using artboards for each format, and I can quickly copy all the layers between the artboards and change the framing where needed.

Now, when it comes to export, it would be fantastic if I could batch process this somehow... For this document alone, with 3 artboards, I'm looking at 150 times selecting the export command... there has to be a better way ? In Affinity photo there is a function to batch process, but it seems not fit for this purpose, or is it ?

The above is asked of me more and more frequently.. I'm on a mac, and primarily use designer for this, although I also have photo and publisher. I don't mind an elaborate setup, maybe involving external tools (automator, keyboard maestro), I just need to cut my time spent on this drastically.

Any tips are very welcome, I'm sure many of you are facing similar issues...

It seems that the export persona might get me halfway, using the continuous export option... only one problem is the naming of the exported file.
It seems that exported slices are simply overwritten... it would be usefull if a counter could be added in my case, and not overwrite the previous export.

Inside the naming dialog, there are a few pre-defined variables to put inside the exported filename. Document name and Filename don't seem to do anything in my case.
It would be great if there existed a variable called "layer name"... together with the continuous export option, that would really solve my problem.

I guess this needs to go to feature requests...so I'll create a new feature request.