You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Gradient Fill coordinates conflicts in other Apps

problem.thumb.jpg.cd48d92efd8c274ff8f4ff0276e2337b.jpgThere is a problem I'm having with gradient fill coordinates when exporting from Affinity -> Illustrator -> After Effects (vector), everything looks fine in Illustrator after opening from Affinity, but when exporting to AE, the gradient is there, but it's coordinates completely messed up
Slow solution: Still there is way to fix this: you need to redraw that same gradient in Illustrator and then it works like charm, BUT, it's crazy time consuming for me because I have a HUGE library of graphics needs to be transferred to AE and it will take me WEEKS to redraw exact same gradient everywhere... and I just feel maybe there is some adequate thing to do to avoid this? That feels really stupid to REDRAW exact same gradient inside AI, maybe there is some kind of "bridge" with other graphic software?
Fast solution: ???

What I tried so far and it didn't work:

• Every possible SVG exporting options from AD (with/without viewbox, coordinates, line breaks etc)
  • PDF exporting, all possible exp. options
  • Tried through Figma, with all possible exporting options, and with additional Plugins Figma -> Illustrator, Figma -> After Effects, Figma -> Adobe XD -> AE
  • Adobe Illustrator Multiple plugins to export in AE, currently using 50$ worth Overlord plugin AI -> AE
  • Tried Adobe Illustrator canvas size variations, made it huge, made it small, tried with matching canvas sizes, nothing.

It feels that when you redraw gradient in AI it become like generic gradient, and then it works, but before you redraw it- it's like an "alien" gradient from AD, you see it fine, but it's can't adequately migrate to AE, why is that? is there an explanation?

Hmm, you have to narrow down the generated output differences here in order to find out where the exact problem lies. It's probably the easiest to find out via some SVG exports and code comparisons. Also check then if the gradients are exported as plain vectors from ADe or instead as embedded base64 image/bitmap encodings (it's easy to see immediately in an exported SVG file when opeing that in an text editor).

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

That's a good advice and I actually found something, I'm not a coder so I might be wrong, but what I found is AD when export svg have this options near the gradient fill:

When you export in SVG in AD

cx="0" cy="0" r="1"

When you redraw gradient in AI it become different

cx="63.6415" cy="41.6612" r="92.2934"

It's the only important thing I noticed, well, anyway, I'll continue to looking for solution :(

2 hours ago, Tanya Mau said:

I'm not a coder so I might be wrong, but what I found is AD when export svg have this options near the gradient fill:

You have to show and attach the full SVG code of both SVGs here (attach the by Affinity & AI generated SVG files for a direct comparison), as the above shown is otherwise very meaningless. - Since in SVG a gradient, let's say a linear gradient, is usually defined differently. So what you've show above looks to me more like the definition part of a circle in SVG and those differ for what you've shown, but maybe due to the fact that one generated SVG file may uses relative and not absolute coordinate values etc.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2