You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Elliptical Gradients have Incorrect Centre

It used to be that an elliptical gradient had the first start in the centre of the object, and for the last point to be surrounding it near the edges (see Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 12.53.53) Now, for some reason, an elliptical gradient in any new objects I create have the first point appear in the left middle bit of the object, with the other points surrounding that instead (see Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 12.49.12) in most project files. The only way for me to get an elliptical gradient now is to copy an object (in this case a rectangle) from an existing project and change its colours because there was never any way to move the centre of the circle as far as I'm aware. If there is please tell me. That would be appreciated.

Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 12.49.12.png

Screenshot 2023-06-23 at 12.53.53.png

When you create a new layer, the new layer will (as much as possible) ‘copy’ the formatting from the last layer you were editing.

Because of this, if the last layer you were editing had the gradient origin at the middle-left then a new layer will also have the gradient origin at the middle-left.

This is expected behaviour, unless I have misunderstood your situation.

You can use the "Revert Defaults" button on the Toolbar to revert the layer formatting back to the defaults before you make a new layer.

Note: Since you are using a V1 application, and it won’t get any fixes that aren’t simply about keeping the software working, it’s unlikely that anything will change.

@GarryP, I managed to get the centre point correct after pressing 'factory reset' on the thing, and selecting elliptical for the gradient type before I changed either of the colours. I'm probably going to do that every time now. Thank you for the help.