You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iPad Pro / Apple Pencil users -

Just curious what your thoughts are concerning the rumored 9.7 inch iPad Pro...

It is supposed to support Apple pencil.

The advantages/disadvantages between the different sizes seem obvious, but I was just wondering, based on experience, if anyone might have some insights they would like to share.

Paolo?  

Ronniemcbride - (have you got an apple pencil yet?)

Anyone?

Apple Pencil on iPad Pro is my favorite stylus/iPad combo. Previously I had iPad Air 1 with bluetooth styluses--that combo didn't really compare. For anybody looking at the smaller form factor, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the smaller version of iPad Pro, assuming it works similarly to the current one.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the new 9.7 inch iPad Pro's processing speeds are slower than its 12.9 inch sibling.  

The new 9.7 inch model's lightning port is also slower - supporting only USB 2, whereas the lighting port on the 12.9 model supports USB 3.   :(

The 9.7 inch does have a 12 megapixel rear camera.  But this comes with a bump out, which likely means having to use a case to make it level when on its back.    :mellow:

The 9.7 inch also has a new type of display (True Tone) which automatically adjusts the color temperature to match the ambient room light.  At first blush this sounds like a great idea, but I'm wondering if it may introduce any issues when designing...   :huh:

The new display is also supposed to be much lower in reflectivity.   :)

• 2 weeks later...