You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey everyone,
in Affinity Designer 2 I created texture lines with a graphic tablet. I just need the dynamic pencils.
Now I want to export it as an svg, but it appears as a pixel svg data. What is the workaround in Affinity to get vector svg's with the style of the brushes? I was already changing the lines into a picture and searching for an automate image trace tool in Affinity. For me as Adobe user, it doesn't make sense using a brush in a vector program and it just turn out as a pixel graphic. Maybe some of you can help me.
Thanks

Welcome to the forum!

1 hour ago, jennifer_ said:

in Affinity Designer 2 I created texture lines with a graphic tablet. I just need the dynamic pencils.
Now I want to export it as an svg, but it appears as a pixel svg data. What is the workaround in Affinity to get vector svg's with the style of the brushes?

What sort of lines and with which tool (pencil tool, pen tool, pixel or vector brushes)?

See also ...

In case you want to vectorize pixel data see ...

... for an overview of some third party vectorizers/tracers. Since ADe doesn't have any build-in own bitmap to vector tracer.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

You can always check first before exporting/saving as SVG how the output will be generated ...

rasterize.jpg.6b375698ba972bc3f7d7c307c2a64b96.jpg

... above you can see that even one uses Affinity vector brushes, that on export it tells you that "Some areas will be rsterized". So you know that you won't get a plain SVG vectors presentation of the drawn strokes. Otherwise it would tell you instead that ... "Nothing will be rasterized"! - One can also open/look with a plain text editor into the generated SVG file in order to see if all are defined SVG vectors, or if some base64 uuencoded image data is enclosed in the SVG file.

It's sadly as N.P.M. already told here, for Affinity vector brushes.

In case of getting real/plain vectors here, I would probably vectorize/trace the individual drawn lines in order to get real/plain vectors out of those (see therefor the above shown link to some third party tracing tools).

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2