You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Any plans too improve workflow with Apple Photos?

Hi guys,

I realise we've had this discussion before with V1 of Affinity Photo. However, this is one of the biggest stumbling blocks I have to making any real use of AP ion an iPad, and upgrading to V2. The desktop version integrates so well with Apple Photos, yet the iPad version seems a complete bodge.

At the least, have you improved the library navigation, so we don't get a random flat list of all the albums? (which have been carefully organised into logical folder/albums sets in Photos). I'm sticking to V1 at the moment, as I'm reluctant to pay for an upgrade if this at least hasn't been improved.

I've read a few forum threads on this, and it does appear to be causing problems for some users. Particularly the Shortcut workaround, which is somewhat erratic in how reliable it is.

Of course compared to other apps, there is certainly a fair bit of variation as to how well any of them get this to work. It's certainly possible for the iPad users though - both Pixelmator and Raw Power make this a really seamless operation, and maintain non-destructive editing.

Are there any plans at all to improve this functionality?

Cheers.

Andy