You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adding bleed to a file that was already created.

Hi Guys/Gals

I was wondering if it's possible to add bleed to an already created document I made before the update. This would be a huge plus if it is, I have tried adding bleed but my (before there was artboards) canvas doesn't show like it does anything. 

Do I have to create a new art board for every element I have with bleed. That would be a huge downer since I created a template that stays the same but each layer is new data/artwork that sits on top of the created template. I would hope I don't have to recreate all the work I did to just add bleed.

Please let me know and thank you in advance.

So I took an old image.  I went to the Document Setup, accessed either at the File menu or on the Context Menu bar with the Move Tool.  I went to the bleed tab and added a 1 inch bleed.

I exported to a PDF (print ready)  made sure to go to More options, and check off the include Bleed option.

This first export you can see that the Bleed shows up as a white border.

I then went back as resized my rectangle I used for a background, to extend over the bleed.  And here is the result.

So it looks like the Bleed works to me, and can be adjusted to whatever file you bring in.  The only output I saw include bleed was PDF, but I did not check all. 

• 2 weeks later...