You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo V2 crashing on Mac OS Ventura when printing

When I change the print options to Matte Photo Paper and High Quality print in Affinity Photo V2 on Mac, the app crashes (rainbow wheel of death). Mac OS Venture 13.1, Affinity Photo 2.0.4 on a 2018 Core i9 MacBook Pro.

It does not happen every time I try to print, but it happens often.

I'm not seeing crash reports being generated in the console. Thanks for any help.

Hi Sean, I'm not going to know the answer myself but could you please share a bit more information to help Serif figure this out?

Which printer are you using?

Is it repeatable or intermittent with the same document?

You said it crashes and there's a rainbow wheel - typically the spinning beachball for an extended period means it has locked up and has to be force quit. Are you force quitting it or does the beachball eventually go away and then the app quits?

When does this happen? When you choose the options or after you click Print in the Print dialog?

Are there any Affinity Photo 2 crash reports in the diagnostics folder? With Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder and then enter /Users/<your Mac user name>/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports.

Good luck.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.5, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

Hi I'm having a similar problem, 

Every time I change to print from a preset I get the wheel of death, which after 10-15 seconds forces me to force quit the application. If I've preselected the present from another application I get the wheel of death when trying to open the print settings. If default setting on printer is selected I can open print settings in Affinity, then wheel of death occurs when I change to a print preset. 

I'm using a canon c3830i

There are no Affinity Crash reports in the diagnostic folder.  

Thanks

Daniel

5 hours ago, Daniel123456 said:

Thought I'd add, 

I'm running version 2.0.4. of affinity photo and Ventura 13.1 on Apple M1 Pro

Thanks Daniel, I wonder if @Sean Chandler is also using a print preset.

There's another thread on N-up printing which may be related due to the use of print presets, too.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.5, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)