You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Jagged distortions in lines after rotation

Dear Community!

After rotation of images in Photo diagonal lines show edges. But it's not only edges. It seems that small areas (looking like columns) are shifted (s. screenshots, seen by 410% magnitude resp. 800%; 1. unmanipulated, 2. rotation 1,1°, 3. like 2., enlarged ). Theese edges are already seen by 100%. How could this be avoided? Screenshots derived from an afphoto-file, so they do appear after export RAW-file (Sony-ARW).

With increasing degree rotation th areas become thiner.

Further tech notes: Affinity Photo 2.04, Windows 10 Pro (22H2), ATI Radeon RX550/550 Series

Has anybody a solution or workaround for this problem, please?

Best regards

Paul

BeforeRotation.jpg

AfterRotation.jpg

Edged areas.jpg

Edited by PaulHH

Could it be that this was posted in the wrong subforum? I have no find the "Photo 2 Bugs found on Windows" forum. Sorry!

Luckily, the mentioned problem is only one of visualizing as I have learned now. After exporting the afphoto to png, the lines look like they should. But no other photo editor I know (or have tested) has this artificial behavior. So maybe this post could be a hint for the coders of Photo in case of some others have the problem to.

Paul

2 hours ago, PaulHH said:

…Luckily, the mentioned problem is only one of visualizing as I have learned now. After exporting the afphoto to png, the lines look like they should. But no other photo editor I know (or have tested) has this artificial behavior.

It's likely due to the following setting:

[Edit > Preferences > Performance > View Quality]

Change the setting from "Nearest Neighbour" to "Bilinear (Best Quality)".