You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Master Page -> Edit detached problem

Nekir

Dear Affinity, 

My problem is I'm in a big job. I have to make a 80 pages catalog. I made 4 different Master Pages with lot of product pictograms and more graphicaly items what I have to use.

My method is I Apply a Master Page on every page one by one and choose the Edit Detached command like I can setup the different products category, names and pictograms for the products (example non-sticky surface, hard wood handle and etc.). I have done the first full version and now I have to change some pictograms what are simple graphic shapes with text or curved lines, but now the publisher don't turn on the hidden layers for visible. I choose again the Edit Detached and tried to turn on the layers but nothing. Please help me it's a bug or I missed something?

I have Win 11, Publisher 2.0.3.

Publisher-edit-detached-bug-1.thumb.png.a16b749b27cbec4ab0de294d7b68e54c.png

Edited by Nekir

Hi Nekir and welcome to the forum. I don't completely understand the issue you're reporting because your screenshot doesn't show everything I'd like to see, so let me know if I have this right. While editing detached, you've selected a group on a master page layer. The group is shown as visible in the Layers panel but the content of the group is not shown on the actual page. Is this accurate?

The popup message on top of the layer indicates that visibility/opacity is unlinked. Was that on purpose? Have you tried re-linking visibility/opacity since that's likely the source of the issue.

FWIW, I have never seen that popup message in the Layers panel on macOS. I don't use linked layers often and had never tried unlinking visibility/opacity until today, but I toggled to the Photo persona, unlinked visibility/opacity, and returned to Publisher and my Layers panel looks different than yours - I have the Is Linked icon now in the Layers panel in the Publisher persona and no popup message aside from the Is Linked popup when I mouse over the Is Linked icon. Perhaps this is a minor bug between macOS and Windows but your mouse pointer wasn't captured by your screenshot so perhaps this is just the Windows version of the Is Linked popup and the Linked icon is just missing in the Publisher persona on Windows.

If re-linking visibility/opacity doesn't solve it, would it be possible for you to upload a sample document for review? You could make a copy of your document, delete all pages but this one, and delete everything but the group that doesn't appear. If the problem still occurs with that test document you could upload it here.

664418539_Screenshot2022-12-28at11_24_22AM.png.d5fe37949ed1615dbbeea4b499c0d37f.png

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

Dear Mike,

I found the trick. Because I made all master page double side, when I set up the master page only one side left or right the system show me on the layer panel its a left or right side master layer. But this layers contain both side icon packs the left and right page too. When I toggled down example the right side master layer I have lot of under layer and I did't recognized its contain both sides layer and I tried change every time the first pack what I saw and this was the left side pack. This was the reason if I tried to change the left side page its worked and if I want the right side page it didn't because both time I tried to change the left side pictograms. Sorry It seems to me I need to learn more few things about the publisher. :D

Publisher-edit-detached-bug-2.png.eaa96c4ef2287908ce5a3c34cbc0b41f.png