You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo: Select a Sample at an Angle with the Clone Stamp Tool

I want to know if it's possible to Clone Stamp at an angle.

I'd like to Clone Stamp parts of the hair from one area to another area. However, hair goes in many directions, depending on where it is located on the head. So, in order to do this, I need to Clone Stamp at a specific angle, and then paint at a different angle.

Take a look at the image I have attached to see an example. In this portrait, I want to sample with the Clone stamp at an angle, and then paint that hair on the forehead as bangs. This is kind of an extreme example, and I wouldn't typically use it for large chunks of hair. But it can still be useful for filling in strands of hair where they are needed.

Thank you for your help!

Sample in tilted direction with clone brush tool.png

On 12/5/2022 at 1:46 AM, Marc L said:

Hello, use 'rotate' in the context toolbar or use the directional keys on your keyboard, this will rotate the image contained in your clone brush.

Thank you for letting me know! :)

I tested it out, and it looks like the rotate setting for the clone brush will work for this purpose.