You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Deleting Layers Using Keyboard - How To

I couldn't figure this one out but after experimentation and reading through the forum this maybe helpful to those new to the programs.
I am using Affinity Designer v2 on Windows 10 Pro. I think this works for v1 also.

I wanted to delete ALL layers at once but could not find how to do this until I switched to the move tool.

I use an Intous Wacom Tablet Pro and set one of the express keys on the tablet to the following keystrokes.

In Wacom Tablet Properties
1: Functions -> ExpressKeys
2: Keyboard -> Keystroke 
3: keys:

v + CONTROL + a + DELETE + v

The above selects the move tool, selects all on the canvas then deletes everything and toggles back to whatever tool you were using.
One button click, all layers deleted.

If the second "V" at the end does not toggle back to the tool you were using then you can replace that with the hotkey for your favorite tool such as "b" for the brush tool. It doesn't seem to work in some instances.

Next Option:
From any of the brush, pen, move, node tools etc...

CTRL + A   = Selects last object / layer
CTRL + DELETE = Deletes this single layer / object

Next Option:
I read about if you have a touch tablet or touch turned on that if you use three fingers and swipe down it is suppose to do something with deleting layers.  I never got this to work on my system or touch tablet.  I do not know if this is a iPad only option or it just didn't work with my desktop computer.

I think any of the selection, move, node and drawing tools the above works also with CTRL + A and then DELETE but I don't want to have to dink with the keyboard to do all this so I setup a express key. One button, done.

I am sure this is basic stuff but I coudn't find this anywhere in the documentation.
If you do the above keystrokes / hotkeys it will not matter if the "Edit All Layers" is on or off. It will still work.  

"Edit All Layers" just means when you select or work in the canvas that you can edit other layers and not just the one you are drawing on.

Well, that is what I figured out for deleting layers mainly was interested in ALL layers at once and not just individual layers.