You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Arcs in Golden Spiral

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a golden spiral within the golden mean rectangles. I have the rects laid out and look perfect. So I need to add the arcs within each rect for all the rects.

But not easy because there's no arc tool. The line tool sort of works. But I need the arc constrained to a perfect diagonal curve that is the same within each rectangle.

I've tried using the line tool and controlling the nodes... But I cannot get the smooth consistent arc so that the illusion of the spiral is consistent from rect to rect.

So this must be seriously easy and I am missing something. Maybe there is a mathematical property I can impose upon them?

Please tell me what I am missing or how I am not handling the tool correctly?

Appreciate,

John...

BTW, it would be nice to have an arc tool. Been mentioned as a some day but it's not on the road map nor in the list of frequently requested... Although I've seen it frequently requested.