You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Low FPS at moving/dragging/adjusting forms in Designer 2

mvgraph

Hello! First of all, congratulations for this big launching!

I found out that Affinity Designer has a strange cap in the FPS  moving objects around. I have a 144hz monitor and in Affinity Designer 2 the FPS seems to be 60 or even lower for example when I'm dragging a circle or even when I'm adjusting the size of a form... It is uncomfortable because it seems as if the whole program is going slow or with spikes, but it is not the case.

This was better in Affinity Designer 1, it was not that snappy, but it was less noticeable than in AD2

image.png.638de9a602d8859e8ff4c6240a38859e.png

I tried changing the Renderer for WARP and turning on and off the Hardware Acceleration (obviously resetting the program in each change) and nothing works, low fps at dragging or moving objects around is still there.

Windows 11 22H2
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
32GB Ram
GPU NVidia 3060Ti

Thanks!

Yes, I am experiencing this problem as well. Moving and transforming objects is pretty laggy. Also the resizing of pens and brushes via ctrl+alt+lmb+drag seems totally buggy. The more intensive the usage the worse it gets. Various changes in the performance settings bring no improvement.

I also have the current version of Designer 1.10.5 on my computer. Here all these problems do not occur. Everything is as smooth as butter.

Win 11 22H2
Ryzen 7 3700x
32GB Ram
NVidia 1080Ti

Edited by Heikosch

Same problem here!
There is so much lag and stutter
even with low pixel dimensions and few layers

I think this problem, in my case i due to an AMD graphics incompatibility issue

My Rig specifications are:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600g

AMD Radeon Graphics 6600 8gb