You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher crashing and other issues

lindslb

When using Affinity Publisher and typing in an Artistic Text Tool it would randomly change to all caps even though I did not have that on and if I hit backspace it would add spaces or squares. I would save, close and restart Publisher and the problem would go away for awhile. This was an intermittent problem and it varied on how long the problem would come back. Windows updated my laptop to Windows 11 and then recently started crashing frequently. I searched the forums and found that this is a known problem with Windows 11. I have tried uninstalling several times and it wont let me. Apparently there is a 10 day grace period to go back to Windows 10 and I am beyond that. I found that the only way to uninstall now is to do a clean install of Windows 10 but that would wipe out all my files on my computer. I wanted to see if anyone knew of a way to get around wiping everything out. I don't mind Windows 11 but I need Affinity Publisher to work. I also have Designer and Photo but I don't use those enough to know if I also have issues with those as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

So unfortunately Windows 11 is going to update again once my computer restarts next. I followed the steps to hide the update that was in the link you had provided. I am not sure what to do to prevent this from happening regularly or every time I restart my computer. What do you suggest? Will there be an update to Publisher that will work with Windows 11 so this will no longer be an issue? 

*Also I opened a file today and some of the text was only showing random letters instead of the whole word. I closed the program and opened the file again and it was back to normal. This is a new problem I hadn't had before. 

Thank you for your help. 

• 5 months later...
  • Staff

The issue "Keyboard input broken after altering table settings" (REF: AFB-7583) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1742".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.