You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How Do I Downgrade to Affinity Photo 1.5.2?

How does one downgrade from Affinity Photo 1.10.5 on the Mac to Affinity Photo 1.5.2? I'm hoping someone can help us with this as it is necessary for our work. My wife just purchased Affinity Photo recently, but we need to be able to share documents and I cannot open the newer files she creates with my older version. I will not upgrade, as version 1.5.2 is extremely stable for me on El Capitan and I'm not going to take a chance on messing that up. We each use the same model MacBook with the same OS (El Capitan), and I would like for us to have the same Affinity versions, so version 1.5.2 is what we need.

In addition to this, we are already finding problems with her version 1.10.5:

1. It runs very slowly. Even with only a few layers, pixel layers jump around as you try to move them.
  2. Bounding boxes are malfunctioning. You can have a photo on a pixel layer, cut half of the photo off (with nothing extending beyond the canvas), and the bounding box refuses to size down to the remaining portion of the photo.

Screen Shot 2022-10-10 at 10.17.32 PM.png

I may have answered my own question. I literally copied my old version of the Affinity Photo application over the network and it opened on her machine perfectly. I did not think that would actually work. The old version seems to run much faster and no more bounding box problems! I'll leave this up in case anyone else would like to respond or has feedback on these issues.