You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Data Merge from Multiple TSC or CSV Files Simultaneously

I love Data Merge and use it everyday for personalized documents and it never fails.

But, on so many occasions I not only need the Data from a Client TSV file but also specialized data from another TSV file which Publisher does not allow me to do. I know I can have multiple TSV files open at the same time but can only do a Merge from one at a time.

Since Publisher knows and has the data fields from both file if they are both open in the Data Merge Manager why is it not possibly for Publisher to access and insert the data from both file is they are both open.

Publisher will not allow for the selection of both TSV file simultaneously which is what I really need.

Also, if you have data fields from both files in the document a “Generate” will automatically wipe out the fields that it doesn’t find in the other, non-selectable TSV file, even though it is also open in the Data Merge Manager window.

It would be perfect if there was a way to allow Publisher to “Add” a second, or third, or why restrict it to that, TSV file and let Publisher use all the data fields and data form multiple TSV files at the same time. Just add the next set of Fields, and Data to the array used to do the Merge.

As a programmer I don’t see this as outside the realm of possibility nor that difficult a task to add/append one array of data to another used for a merge. Data Merge in Publisher is 98% perfect.

Thank you in advance for any consideration.

OS X Ventura 13.0.1, Mac Studio M1 Max, 27" Apple Studio Display, 32 GB SSD. Affinity Universal License for 2.0.

Mac User & Programmer since 1985 to date. Author of “SignPost” for vinyl sign cutting.