You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

360° Panorama in Export Persona

Please add a 'Include EXIF' option to the Export Persona, that injects panoramic projection's EXIF metadata into the JPG. The setting would include the Heading/Pitch/FOV/Straightening from the chosen view in the live projection.

See attached interface mockup.

I work with a GoPro Max and a Insta360 One X2, and love Affinity Photo's panorama editing capabilities. I really want your product as an all-in-one solution, rather than part of a multi-application process. With Adobe killing off that ability in Photoshop, your tool is billed as the best alternative.

AffinityPhotoExportEXIF_01a.jpg

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Jan Steinman said:

Are you doing VR, or making 360° x 180° spheres?

I'd love to be able to do that in Affinity! But it seems to ignore my nadir and zenith shots.

There are tutorials on stitching panoramas from separate images in Affinity Photo. The cameras I mention do the stitching internally, so it is ready to edit.

• 2 months later...

Lunadude, I agree I'm in the same position as you editing 360 photos from Max, X3 etc in affinity as the live projection is great and Adobe is killing their rather poor capabilities in this respect.

I have a couple of other beefs/improvments that could be made for us 360 editors

1: In affinity photo v1 when in equirectangular projection a edit live projection button appeared on the tool bar but not in v2, please add a remove live projection and edit live projection button to the tool bar when in live projection mode its a pita having to go to the menu each time you want to adjust the viewpoint.

2: I find it too easy to save/close an image without removing the live projection which results in a reframed photo and no way (I have found) to get back to the 360 so I have to start again.
Add to Affinity photo2 a message saying "Your in live project mode do you want to close live projection before save & close so as to not lose data" when you try to save/close an image if your in live projection mode.

Just these 3 items (mine + yours) would make the 360 editing experience in affinity photo 2 so much smoother and frictionless IMO.

• 1 year later...