You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher - Hairline outline around transparent pixel/image?

Me again! So, I'm working in Publisher 1.10 on Windows 10, and my pages frequently have image or pixel layers set to Multiply. This works fine, except, I'm seeing a number of cases where, when the file is exported to PDF, these layers have a hairline border around the layer content that I can't seem to get rid of.

image.png.a8d7fe6a371689cf8a8a38bf46926b85.png

I've tried Rasterizing or Rasterize + Trim a number of my images, with mixed success - sometimes the problem goes away, but sometimes (like on this particular page), it does not.

That makes sense. Here is the image at 100% opacity and normal blend mode, instead of 50%/Multiply like I have in the book. It's mostly white with splatters of red on it (to mimick blood on the page!) I've used the Photo Persona to erase a couple of red spots that didn't play well with the text or the page layout.

ichor-drowned-page-1_1.png

3 minutes ago, Lagarto said:

reason why you do not have the text frame as the top layer? Its frame appears to create that hairline image (there are actually two frame images, one grayscale and another RGB). There is also that wave.jpg that could have effect on problem. Please check if the problem can be avoided by placing the text layer at top. Also plea

There's no reason for that layer order - I didn't think it would make a difference. I tried moving all three text frames and the shape text to the top of the image and it doesn't seem to have changed the situation - a fresh export of that pdf page still features the hairline around the splat8.png layer. Here's a side-by-side of the splat layer selected, going through the footer text (contained in the master page template) to show you where the border is:

image.png.379c1abac844fecbaed009e39e535655.pngimage.png.a08ccffc72ca179a71145efb5c248fd9.png

37 minutes ago, Lagarto said:

EDIT: Another way to fix this would be filling the transparent edges of the image you multiply with white.

Can you give me a little more detail on what you mean by filling the transparent edges with white? I've used the levels + brush to make sure there's white on the borders of these images, and that they're RGB, but they still seem to be producing the hairline...