You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Creating a PDF for IngramSpark through Affinity Publisher

Hello! I'm looking to get a little help on getting a book formatted properly. I just recently transferred over from InDesign (it was getting a little too expensive), and Affinity Publisher has been great to me - until now.

When I uploaded the book to IngramSpark, it keeps giving me this error message:

"PDF CONTAINS ICC COLOR PROFILES: We request files with no color profiles assigned. Please convert all colors to grayscale for black and white images, or CMYK for color images and remove all color profiles. Saving a new PDF with the default setting of PDF/X-1a:2001 will address the issue. For best results, please correct the issue(s) listed. You may refer to the File Creation Guide for further instructions on creating a compliant PDF.

Choosing to proceed may result in a color shift from the file submitted.

Note: ICC color accuracy is not guaranteed, and you may notice a color shift. In addition, files containing ICC profiles may sometimes lead to undesired results. For example, black text on an interior page that contains ICC profiles can result in unintended gray text on the printed book, that may not be noticeable on the eProof. If proceeding with these files, we recommend you thoroughly review a printed copy in addition to the eProof."

I know another forum said that the PDF/X-1a:2003 one worked for them, but for some reason, it isn't working for me. I think it has something to do with that ICC thing, but I don't know how to keep Affinity Publisher from converting everything into it. I've attached a screenshot from the marked-up PDF of one of the in-text errors, as well, which tells me it isn't the pictures within it (which are all B&W, by the way). 

I need to convert the book into a PDF that is accepted by IngramSpark, but I'm not quite sure how to at this point. I've fiddled with the settings, tried exporting it into different versions of the PDF, and even tried converting it into a different PDF outside of the program. Help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Screen Shot 2021-05-10 at 6.39.38 PM.png