You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to stop Affinity from connecting to old Network server

My work uses a network to share files, and recently they changed which server those files were stored on.
However, whenever I set up a new file and click "Create", Publisher tries to connect to the old server, and stalls my computer for a few minutes.
Is there a way to stop this behavior?

I've attached a screenshot of the error message I get every time Publisher does this.

I am on Mac.

445162484_ScreenShot2021-04-23at10_01_08AM.png.2eba3d4e6bbc45ab145a95d8d7afa71a.png

Hi @Raggedmane  Long ago, I used to provide Mac support at work and, while we never used it, I know some organisations used network homes - your home directory (or at least parts of it) were stored on the network server instead of the normal manner where they're stored on your local drive.  (One benefit of this was that you could log in on any networked machine and still have access to your normal environment; another benefit was centralised backups.)  You mentioned file sharing - do you know if there's anything like network home drives in use as well?

The only other thing I can think of is - are you creating a new blank document from custom templates?  Are these templates stored on your network share?  If you're unsure, go to the New Document dialog box and check the paths shown below, partially at (1) and fully at (2).  In the example below I created a temporary folder on my desktop, which is stored in my resgular home directory.  If it turns out that this is still pointing to your server's old address, use the Delete Folder button at location (3) to remove this from your available templates.  Don't worry, it doesn't delete the actual folder.  Then click Add Folder and select the updated version of your templates for future use…

2021-04-25_15-15-48.png.61c68696268f000397e0b2285525151b.png

—— Gary ——

Photo/Designer/Publisher: Affinity Store, v2.4.n release

Mac mini (M1, 2020), 16GB/2TB, macOS Ventura 13.4.1(c) • MacBook Pro (Intel), macOS Ventura • Windows 10 via VMware Fusion • iOS: current release