You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Lines in the background

Hi everyone 

This is my first post so forgive me if I break any etiquette. 

I am looking for some help with the following. I created this 2 layer image with the background as a gradient but I ended up with faint horizontal lines in the background when I exported it. (Zoom in to see). How do I prevent this from happening? The file size is approx 1mb and was exported as a JPEG. 

Thank you.

10AAAEDF-D086-4434-860D-5FD03088E249.jpeg

Hey @Zen Assassin.

So you’re definitely seeing the lines after export?

If yes, then I suggest:

1. Check if you’re exporting the image to a bigger/smaller size than is set up in your app. If yes, this can create problems. Look at the resampling settings (Bilinear, etc) and try them out. Ideally export it at same size which will mean it shouldn’t need to resample.
  2. Then if no joy, try out the other settings in the export dialogue.

Could be either of these, and only methodical testing will tell you what to use.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Words are crude implements, difficult to get perfect, easy to get tied in knots with, and often - usually - misunderstood, which is why 'tolarence' is the best word of all.

The word "professional" fits us all - amateur, semi-pro, beginner, advanced, middle, beyond it all, and on....., because professionals are tolerant.