You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity publisher and report making

Hi, I’m completely new to Affinity Publisher and wondered if this is good software for creating a longish text based report with diagrams, graphics and photos. Once output as pdf, will it allow for live hyperlinks to external documents? Can you link internally too? Also the report will need an index at the back...is this an automated feature? Sorry for so many questions, and thanks for your time. 

Welcome to the forums @Sarah J

From the requirements you have mentioned, Publisher is probably ideal for that.
You can add text and photos to a document easily.
For “diagrams” and “graphics” it depends on the types and how you expect to create them but it should be fine (some may be easier to create within the software than others).
Output to PDF is easy too.
I’m not sure what you mean by “live hyperlinks” but you can add hyperlinks to URLs which are external to the document and/or items which are inside the document.
You can also create indexes via the supplied functionality but I haven’t done that myself so I can’t comment on how easy that is.

• 2 months later...