You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi There, 

I am running into some problems using Designer. First up ... I am not a graphic designer, I just know enough to get done what I need to. 

With that out of the way, I am hoping to get some help with a very strange problem. I have been told to use SVG's where ever possible when designing, this is because they scale better then anything. So as I was working on a project I tried to bring in a bunch of SVG files, most worked great but there were a few problems. Some of these SVG's I was importing or just plain opening in designer would either be clipped/cropped and they could be missing their curves. 

I thought maybe the file was corrupt, but the person who gave them to me had no problems when opening in Figma. I have attached the SVG, and screenshots of what things look like in Figma and Designer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Stay Safe ... Mike

svg-affinity.png

Power Automate.svg

svg-figma.png

3 hours ago, Mike Dumka said:

I thought maybe the file was corrupt, but the person who gave them to me had no problems when opening in Figma. I have attached the SVG, and screenshots of what things look like in Figma and Designer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Designer doesn't take SVG <mask> into account and also not all SVG filters here, meaning it doesn't support the whole SVG specifications (all commands), just a subset of those. - You better try to share/exchange that one in PDF file format between Figma and Designer.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2