You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 1.8.4 quits unexpectedly

If I try to add a space or copy any sort of text, the program just quits. I have a deadline for work and haven't been able to make progress all afternoon because of this.

I updated to the newer version of Publisher, restarted my computer, tried to open the program with Ctrl...nothing, still have the same issue. If I manage to add text, then if I try to save, the same thing happens.

Thank you for helping to look into this. I have uploaded the file.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it but it only happened after I linked several text boxes together (so that text will overflow from one text box to the other). The blue line that used to show up showing that the two text boxes are linked disappeared too, even though the feature still worked. Only for a little bit. Then it started quitting all the time.

Edited by Mel_Publisher

Thanks for the extra information. I have sent you a PM. The issue seems to be from two pinned objects on your Master and so this affected most of your pages.

Do you remember working on them prior to when the issue began? We are still trying to find steps to reproduce the issue.