You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

MacBook Pro Touch Bar and red close button in Develop Persona

Hi,

I originally posted this bug under 1.8.x beta and retail.

None of the issues has been fixed in 1.9.0.196 but my original post has been archived.  They are also present in the current retail release (1.8.4).

Just to recap, and hopefully to get it fixed one day ;) (Sorry to nag on about it...)

I am using a 2018 15" MacBook Pro with Touch Bar.

In Develop Persona, while developing a raw image (Panasonic .RW2 in my case)

• Clicking the red Close button in the image window causes the image (modified or not) to close immediately without any sort of warning dialog.
  • Pressing the Cancel button in the Touch Bar switches me immediately into Photo Persona, with any edits to the raw image lost
  • Clicking the Esc button in the Touch Bar has no effect.

The first two of these are particularly annoying and poor UI design. Attempting to close a window without saving should result in an "Are you sure?" warning dialog. Cancelling an editing session using the Touch Bar should work in the same way as cancelling an editing session by clicking in the UI. And why provide an Esc button in the Touch Bar if it doesn't do anything?

Cheers,

H

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.