You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I would like if Serif could add to Affinty Photo (sometime in the future) a Colour equalizer that would work as the one that has ASDSee. Sorry for mentioning another program, but I use ACDSee to organize and manage my photos (that can't be done with Affinity) and when I feel in need of using this tool I mentioned.

It allows to separately modify the Saturation, Brightens or Hue for be it the red, orange, yellow, green, cyan, blue, purple or magenta colours which could be present in an image. 

I find this tool very useful sometimes and would prefer not to have to save an image I am working on in order to load it into a different program and, after applying a colour intervention, having to load it again in Affinity to continue working.

Thank you Kirkt, yes, that’s it. Perfect. I have very recently bought Afinitty Photo (and after doing so I bought Affinity Design as after trying it I thought they pair perfectly) and haven’t gone through it all yet. I had been looking for that tool which I find very useful, but throughout all the tools that would have the word Color..... (colour) whatever in its name (because in ACDSee it is called Color EQ), but I should have realized that it was the HSL feature because it is as well in DxO Optics Pro (which I also have).

I am still learning the program. Today I was editing a photo and decided to add a frame to it. I couldn’t find a specific tool to do so throughout the menus. Maybe it is there somewhere and I might find it sometime. But then, I thought that meanwhile I could use a “rectangle” (from the tools to draw shapes) with an empty fill and use the Transform tool to set the size of its perimeter and its position, and it worked. As you can see, I am still deciphering / learning the whereabouts of the tools in the program.

Thanks again Kirkt. I found the tutorials the other day and have spent the last two days watching at them all. I am only missing the ones that talk about HDR, panoramas, 3D renders and the ones about PSD files which I won’t be seeing. The rest, I have already seen them all. Very interesting and I have learnt a lot of things about the program I would have never discovered or get to know by myself nor reading the manual.