You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello everyone.

First of all: nice piece of software.

Second: Please be kind, english is not my native language, therefore I make some mistakes and maybe don't understand difficult thing.

I use macOS (10.15.4) and Affiniy Publisher (1.8.3).

I' just writing a documentation with about 120 pages. Each page has one huge textframe - linked to the next page. In my document I have some tables. Most of them are only 2×4 or 2×6 (col×row). But some are very long (2×20 - with header). And the text in it is long, too. So the whole table didn't fit on one page. Therefore I had to split manualy. Now I have to change some text at the begining, my text get's longer, text wraps over pages, and my splitted tables aren't correct splited now.

I want one table which wrap itself over pages (with header on the new page) / textframes. Is it possible to do this?

regards

Marc

Edited by marc.b

Just now, GarryP said:

It’s worth pointing out that Publisher is a very young application ..

Oh yes. I remember this every time I use it. And I'm happy that in the young version the applications run so nice.

• 4 months later...

I really need to be able to link tables across columns and even different pages in Affinity Publisher. I have a document created in InDesign where this is no problem at all, but when exported as .idml and opened in Affinity Publisher, the content of the table does not show at all and the columns are completely greyed out. I wouldn't mind if the .idml opened and the content could be seen and could be edited without the column links working - but as I can't see the content to edit it, it is completely unusable. 

I'm wondering if there's any update on when this functionality might be added to Affinity Designer, please?

Regards

Ralph