You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi fellow designers,

Making the transfer from Illustrator. A few little nits and glitches in Designer, and a few features I miss, but it really is getting there now! What a brilliant product.

I am experiencing a stroke printing problem.

Strokes are printing too skinny and emaciated-looking. If I have a big fat stroke, it prints as a skinny little line for most of the strokes throughout the document.

I can fix it by temporarily rasterising the object, then print, then undo the rasterisation, but it would be a big pain to go through my entire document doing that before printing. Come to think of it, a workaround would be just to export to TIFF, then print. Guess that works, but I expect the type wouldn't be quite as crisp.

Interestingly, expanding the strokes also makes them too skinny. So I'm figuring this is how Designer is "interpreting" the strokes in some way.

I'm printing on a Canon Pixma IP 7250. Designer v. 1.3.2. Latest version OS X.

How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Lano

I'm sorry about this: it's a bug in printing. It has to do with the Scale with object setting; shapes with that unchecked seem OK. Vector export is unaffected, so a workaround is to File > Export as PDF, and then print the PDF (eg from the OS X Preview). We'll look at getting this fixed ASAP.