Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'bolsover castle'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Affinity Support
    • News and Information
    • Affinity Support & Questions
    • Feature Requests & Suggestions
  • Learn and Share
    • Tutorials (Serif and Customer Created Tutorials)
    • Share your work
    • Resources
  • Bug Reporting
    • Report a Bug in Affinity Designer
    • Report a Bug in Affinity Photo
    • Report a Bug in Affinity Publisher
    • (Pre 1.7) Affinity Range Bugs Forums
  • Beta Software Forums
    • Affinity Designer Beta Forums
    • Affinity Photo Beta Forums
    • Affinity Publisher Beta Forums

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. I went to see Bolsover Castle a few weeks ago, a 17th century stately home in Derbyshire, England (http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/visit/places/bolsover-castle/). The day was dull and dreary, and the interior photos I took turned out to be tricky: the glare from the windows was pretty bad, and some of the rooms were quite dark. Ideally, I'd have had a tripod, but they tend to frown on that kind of thing in most old houses -- they don't want us ham-fisted photographers poking holes in their parquet or ripping up their rush matting. So ... a couple of hand-held shots with crossed fingers, then check the image and the histogram ... This is a straight Raw to JPG conversion of one of the shots: there's a bit of detail outside, and all else is in deep shadow. Fortunately, there was still enough info to get a reasonable result. I opened the two images in AP with 'New Panorama', and when the blending was complete, I duplicated the layer and opened the Develop persona. Here I upped the exposure by two stops and clicked 'Develop'. I repeated this with a new layer, then one last time, increasing by just one stop, as it became too washed out after that. I saved each layer as a 16-bit TIFF, closed the file, and brought my TIFFs into 'New HDR Merge'. After a little adjustment, I got a fair result (part-cropped): This is a much better result than I got from developing a single layer. (But maybe next time I'll sneak my tripod in!)
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.