You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Feature wishes

1) 16 bit color depth driver for color printers (such as the Canon iPf8400 print plugin for Photoshop)
Qimage Ultimate (software) seems to have such feature. You could maybe incorporate their technology.
Such feature is the only feature that gives me a remain of interest in Photoshop.

2) Qimage software says also it can crunch big files and feed the printer with smaller chunks so we do not care about the printer memory limit, allowing long prints and can get deep high resolution (closer to native printer resolution of 1200dpi)

3) Unclog feature: By the way, I purchased Qimage because its unclog feature that prints daily patterns (I choose the frequency) so my printheads never do deep cleanup wasting a lot of ink. (It prints automatically, paper is already in the printer) I wish I could have an automated email when everything got ok, so I know if there was a power outage or other problem that needs intervention for keeping the printer being used a bit daily.

4) Perspective correction (such as from DXO ViewPoint software)

Integration with Focus Stacking software such as Zerene Stacker

5) (whatever the stacking software), it would be good tho have a workflow easing the way we can manage many images to build the single image, and no need to work directly with file folders that show let's say 100 images of the same shut, 200 of another, etc. but just one image of each sequence (and get a behind the scene link to the image set in a specific folder if we wish to regenerate the composite image, or be able to delete such folder behind the scene and keep only the resulting image. But anyway, some photo editing should be performed on the whole set, while other editings would be done on the composite image. A best practice workflow should be defined (what should be done on the whole set, and what should be done on the composite image)

6) Lense correction: it would be interesting to be able to take standardized shuts of a white frame with horizontal and vertical black lines, with the actual lense, tube extenders and distance of the object (macro photo, short distance), so, may have a version for macro photo and one for normal shuts. These shuts would show the actual lense distorsion we want to remove and the software would compute a correction filter that we could apply on other photos.

7) Image stitching from several parts (not necessarily from a panorama shut)

8) Large Image tiling on whatever size, such as letter size.

Edited by EMHmark7