Sign in to follow this  
TheEyesHaveIt

Continually Impressed - Few Suggestions

I've been processing a few of my recent Leica Q photos via AP on my 1st gen iPad Pro 12.9. For the most part, been a very nice experience. Few thoughts / suggestions:

- Compared to Lightroom, the RAW processing seems "constrained" for the lack of a better word. I feel I can't squeeze as much out of the image as I can in Lightroom.

- For portraits, I really like things like the easy Frequency Separation filter. Would love some more landscape-focused features:

--- Really luminosity masks (not just the blend mode workaround)

--- Ability to view the mask for easier refinement

--- Ability to process multiple RAW exposures and then bring them in via Place Image (from the Affinity documents instead of only being able to place from  camera roll / iCloud)

--- Support for more filters like polarizer, color contrast, micro / dynamic contrast (similar to NIK, Luminar)

- Performance optimization (maybe it is just my 1st gen iPad Pro, but I have noticed various slowdowns in the app where stuff just freezes - especially happens with selections / refining selections)

I think I may get a new iPad Pro (for the better screen color accuracy if nothing else) if AP continues to evolve at the pace it is. Great work!