You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

OCIO display transform breaks when switching tabs/projects using it

Jk_

Data: Affinity Photo 2 (just installed) - Windows 10 Pro 64 bits

Note: this bug has a very simple workaround, but quite cumbersome in repetition if you work with several 32bit images (and OCIO) at the same time.

Description of the bug: When working with OCIO in the "32-bit preview" implementation, while having more than 1 image/tab open, the view-transform appears to almost (but not quite) "duplicate" itself at the point of switching tabs. What's happening it's likely that at the point of switching tabs, it's applying the ICC transform + the OCIO one. 

For example (video attached), I have a Linear-709 image loaded being visualized with an OCIO transform, everything looks fine. I load another one (in this case an identical re-export of the first); the view appears broken.

This has a really easy workaround solution: simply switch back and forth the selected transform on the 32-bit Preview panel, and it resets back to looking fine. But as you can see in the video, this step is required every single time you switch tabs/projects. 

How to replicate:

- Load a 32-bit linear image and use OCIO "32-bit Preview" as your preferred visualization method, with any ocio.config of your liking setted up.

- Then, load/open another image (also 32 bit, so that it uses the OCIO preview as well).

- Switch back and forth between their tabs. 

If you wish to use the same image I did (its CC0 made by myself, but I tried with other images too with the same bug present): https://github.com/jkierbel/CC-Skull-Test-Image

If you wish to use the same OCIO configuration I used for this test (I also tried with other ones with the same bug present): https://github.com/sobotka/filmic-blender/tree/all-views

Video showcasing the issue (and it's workaround) attached

Edited by Jk_