You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Corrupt Section Manager?

Is it possible to mess up the Sections by importing pages from other files and/or creating a document from an Affinity Publisher template?

When I attempt to modify a template, I work from the <untitled> document. If I go into Section Manager and click the icon for New Section, AP crashes to desktop and I lose all my changes.

If it helps, I've included a sanitized version of my book template. I just removed text boxes or changed a few text boxes. I didn't delete any pages.

ForumVersion.afpub

I sincerely hope this is not related to Windows Updates. For context, I created a new, blank document, accepting all the defaults.

I opened the Section Manager and randomly mashed the Create New Section icon. It made a new section each time.

I saved the document and closed AP.

I double-clicked the new document, immediately opened the Section Manager and something weird happened: I clicked on the icon once and a new section was created. However, when I clicked it again, AP crashed to desktop.

Here is the blank file. See anything wrong?

[edit]

I may have found the problem, which is NOT a bug. It appears that you have to have enough spaces in the highlighted section to add a new section. 

To test this, I changed three sections to begin on page 1, 7 and 14. With the second section highlighted,I started mashing the icon again, NOT changing the section name or starting page:

2071631926_SectionManagerTest.thumb.png.4a157fc346effb47ffe05ba72a0c42f3.png

Cheers,

Mitch

Blank Doc with Sections.afpub