You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity publisher crashes every time I try to save my file

I cannot save my files or continue my projects which was built in Affinity Designer. It keeps crashing every time I try save. 

It's hard to figure out where to go from here. Any assistance would be appreciate, I want to use Publisher to work on this.

I have attached my file for review.

2022 Fun Guide to New York City_NEW GUIDE_ vrsC.afpub

Thank you, I'll take a look at those files and see if I can fix, it was originally an Idml file but I was able to publish the former version last Feb as an affinity file after working on that converted file. I'll try to relink and rebuild as much as I can to see if that works better. Appreciate the look.

Certainly, here's the Chelsea. psd.(thx!)

And thanks for the good words. It gained traction as the year went on. I worked around the city as a designer and was frustrated I couldn't find good places fast and didn't like the research mission aspect of the other NYC books. Wish I found your Elle guide though, all I did back then was keep the Zagat family rich.

Chelsea.psd

Much appreciated.... Yes, I agree this is the much better route. I don't mind the hassle off I can get out of this bind.

Now  I have an idea of how to tackle this. Also I'm overseas this year and I didn't export files as a package and just stuck assets on my portable hard drive, most likely part of the problem too as I rebuild what I did on an iMac to the hard drive of this laptop -fonts, pictures and all . It was working when I did first pass of edits and then this problem  started on 2nd batch. I think I'll export as package from now on (and learn that properly) after this experience. Files can only be repurposed so much it seems before they turn to mush.

Thanks again taking a look and for the help!!

• 2 months later...

We have a similar problem in that every time we make a change then try to save, Publisher crashes and gives us a seven page report. the document is only 100 pages long, primarily text with a few clip art images.  This only started happening recently.

Running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7 on a Desktop 23" Mac from 2020

Publisher V1.10.5

16GB of memory . No other programs running.

Death and Dying.afpub

Holy Cow!  Yes, that TOC is a real problem.  I'll start with that and then work on the fonts to get them Mac OS savvy.  I'll report back in a couple of days. Thanks for your help, LondonSquirrel.  (Addendum; As an aside, Last year I was having problems with the TOC Update button being 'active' but when clicked, it didn't update.  I just clicked it a few moments ago and it updated! Updated wrong, of course, but update none-the-less.  I may have a TOC problem that needs work, beyond the 'save/crash' problem. )

Edited by EDHOR
New info